[cisco-voip] Using ER to redirect 911 calls

c3voip c3voip at nc.rr.com
Fri Jan 29 13:04:49 EST 2010

I am trying to use ER to redirect calls to 911 for phones that are connected
via ASA PhoneProxy.  I have setup a new ERL to identify Phone Proxy users.
I am NAT-ing them so they all show up with the same IP.  That's the easy
part.

The tricky part comes when I try to route the call.  I have a CTI Route
Point that sends callers to VM and ultimately to a CallHandler on Unity.
When I try to route the ER call via a translation pattern by just using the
Called Party Transform Mask, the call gets forwarded to VM but goes to Auto
Attendant instead of the proper Call Handler.

I am totally missing something.

I use this same method to forward callers to a recording for non-working
extensions with no problems.

Thanks,

-C