[cisco-voip] Collect Calls

Philip Walenta pwalenta at wi.rr.com
Mon Jul 26 12:28:02 EDT 2010

One other odd possibility is the way the call is coming in.

I know a while back (we're talking a few years here) calls to certain
toll-free IVR based systems were not working in a similar fashion.  The
reason for this was that the IVR although it had answered the call was not
sending a certain message to the phone company until the caller had gone at
least one step into the IVR.  By not sending this one particular Q931
message they were not billed for that first few moments of a call.  The side
effect of not having sent that message meant CUCM also thought the call was
not terminated and therefore was not changing the phone status from
"Ring-out" to "connected".

It is likely the collect call might operate in a similar fashion.  Have
someone test an inbound collect call and check the status on their phone
when they've answered.  Is it showing "connected" or something else?