[cisco-voip] Many phones resetting spontaneously -- Traces?

Dave Wolgast dwolgas1 at rochester.rr.com
Thu Jun 10 20:15:30 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 7:41 PM, David Holman <davidkholman at gmail.com>wrote:

> Usually when I've seen this before, there was an associated network loss of
> connectivity somewhere between the phones and CUCM (routing, switching, WAN,
> etc).
>
> Did you have other phones registered to another CUCM nearby that were
> unaffected?

Some kind of network issue is what I suspect.  I have another CUCM at the
same site, which is in a separate cluster, which was unaffected. (we run a
UCCE cluster and a non-agent cluster...at this location, each cluster has 1
7835 subscriber).

The phones on each cluster share a stack of 3750 switches, with 2 different
voice vlans assigned depending on which cluster the phone belongs to.
Another engineer checked on alerts, and said there was nothing unusual.  WAN
shouldn't come into play, as the phones were all registered to the local
CUCM.

I'm hoping that I can identify the point where the phones went down, and see
what was going on at the time.  I want to make sure that CUCM was doing what
it was supposed to do (so I can point fingers elsewhere :-)

--
Dave Wolgast
Livonia, NY