[cisco-voip] Many phones resetting spontaneously -- Traces?

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Fri Jun 11 10:14:34 EDT 2010

In General:

the traces actually say 'unregister' with device name.  If phones went
down enmass then typical approach is:
1. check CM system and application logs.  look for any critical system
events (cm crash/restart?)
2. pull CM SDI and SDL traces.  when phones next re-register they send a
reason code for the last unregistration in an ALARM message
3. parse traces to identify phones that *did* and *did not* unregister.
identify patterns in the groups of phones such as subnet, primary cm,
phone model, device pool, etc.

/Wes