[cisco-voip] HA With UCCX

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 15:55:04 EDT 2010

Guidelines as of now for UC on UCS:

B series - blade servers
C series - rack mounted servers

B and C series
-requires VMware (can use free or vsphere licensing)
-only on Cisco hardware
-must follow strict OVF template guidelines
-very few VMware features supported (HA and DR)
-ESXi 4.0 only
-ESXi must boot from local disk

B series:
-SAN only
--FC only
-CUCM, Unity, Unity Connection, Presence, PG, and UCCX support
-Up to 4:1 per B210 blade
-see www.cisco.com/go/virtualized for details on sizing

C series:
-currently 1:1
-CUCM, Unity, and Unity Connection support
-Direct disk only, no SAN/NAS
-Will be 4:1 later
-More apps to come as well

Hope that clarifies what could otherwise be a 30 minute presentation.

-nick