[cisco-voip] Alternate alerting tones?

Andre Beck cisco-voip at ibh.net
Mon Mar 1 07:19:37 EST 2010

Hi,

in a setup of CUCM 7.1.3 connected to another PBX via QSIG trunks (using
MGCP), I'm seeking for a way to present an alternate alerting tone. The
other side doesn't present any In-band tone upon the ALERTING in
question, so it's either CUCM generating the tone (using Annunciator),
or it's the MGCP gateway (I don't expect so, though, given the PRI is
backhauled, but on the other hand, voice DSP ressources of the gateway
are used, so the tone might originate here).

Despite that specific setup, I'm actually seeking for *any* solutions
that would allow for an alternate alerting tone, at least when calling a
certain analog device, let's say via FXS on a gateway or maybe an ATA.

Any ideas anyone?

IVR scripting on a gateway FXS was so far the only idea I came up with...

TIA,
Andre.
--
                    Cool .signatures are so 90s...

-> Andre Beck    +++ ABP-RIPE +++      IBH IT-Service GmbH, Dresden <-