[cisco-voip] Alternate alerting tones?

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 11:22:50 EST 2010

If you change the cp-tone on a FXS port on a router you will receive
the alerting tone for that country.

If you really want to customize it you can do it with the test voice
tone command.  You can use the same command structure to show what
these values are for other countries, but this is only a 1-time use
command.  You would need to write an EEM script to put this into the
router each time it loads.

test voice tone IT 2nd_dialtone 1 425 0 -150 -150 -150 0 0 0 200 200
600 1000 0 0 0 0

EEM:

 event manager applet setITsecondDialtone
  event syslog occurs 1 pattern ".*%SYS-5-RESTART: System restarted --.*"
  action 1.0 syslog msg "Setting DIAL_TONE2 for cptone IT"
  action 2.0 cli command "enable"
  action 3.0 cli command "test voice tone IT 2nd_dialtone 1 425 0 -150
-150 -150 0 0 0 200 200 600 1000 0 0 0 0"
  action 4.0 syslog msg "DIAL_TONE2 for cptone IT has been set"

-nick