[cisco-voip] So how do i get my 5licenses for UCCX with CUCM?

Madziarczyk, Jonathan JMad at cityofevanston.org
Mon Mar 8 13:24:04 EST 2010

So I'm getting the major run-around from TAC/Licensing/MP-Upgrades and
I'm about ready to strangle someone at Cisco....maybe you guys have some
ideas on where to go and what to say.

Here's the 411

We purchased CUCM back in the 3.3 days (back when it was still on the
same server/OS as CUCM).  Since then we've used the PUT tool to get all
our upgrades and are now on version 6.1.  Somewhere in there they never
sent us media and PAK keys for the 5CALs that come with CUCM for IPCC
(now UCCX).  We are now at the stage where we'd like to start trying out
UCCX and using it in our environment.  I went out and bought  a nice and
shiny MCS server with the right OS installed UCCX 7.0.  however I do not
have any uccx licensing for my free 5cals.  I'm still sitting here with
a PAK key for ICPP 3.5.3 which does not seem to work on the PAK key tool
and the people there are completely unhelpful.

The bottom line is, as far as I understand it, I am owed 5 client
licenses for UCCX because of my CUCM ownership, however somewhere in the
PUT upgrades, I never got upgraded PAK keys or media for UCCX, just CUCM
upgrades and the licenses for that.  Which, had I known what UCCX was,
or even cared back then I should have pursued it.  However, now that I
want to use it, nobody at Cisco seems to know how to help.

So the question is, how do I get the UCCX 7.0 license so that I can use
it with my CUCM?

This seems a lot harder than it should be...

JM