[cisco-voip] 4.1(3) DMA and PAK license questions

Matthew Linsemier mlinsemier at apassurance.com
Sun Mar 14 11:14:12 EDT 2010

All,

I am currently performing an upgrade from CCM 4.1(3) to UCM 7.1(3b), but am
performing a clean install of 7.1(3b).  Is there a way to run DMA on 4.1(3)
and extract the files that Cisco licensing needs to generate my new 7.1(3b)
licenses without actually completing the upgrade.  I¹ve already built the
new server, configured it, and only need the licenses.

I have contacted Cisco licensing and provided them with the original sales
order, but for whatever reason the 7960 phones are not on the order.   Of
course this was 5 years ago, and AT&T placed the original orders for
equipment, so I¹m not sure if their was a second sales order number or not
(our Cisco support team is looking into this).  Cisco licensing says that I
should just put in the PAK, but I didn¹t think that the included PAK keys in
our Software upgrade kits (7.0 and 7.1) received through UCSS would have all
of the phone licensing included, and that I would need to get this from DMA.

Can anyone comment?

Thanks,

Matt

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT
This communication and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and may
be protected by one or more legal privileges. It is intended
solely for the use of the addressee identified above. If you
are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying
or distribution of this communication is UNAUTHORIZED. Neither
this information block, the typed name of the sender, nor
anything else in this message is intended to constitute an
electronic signature unless a specific statement to the
contrary is included in this message. If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately contact me and delete
this communication from your computer. Thank you.