[cisco-voip] Beep?

Lisa Notarianni notariannil1 at scranton.edu
Tue Mar 30 09:53:27 EDT 2010

We are in the process of implementing a recording device in our Public
Safety Department.  This will replace an old system that was used with
POTS lines only.

We have CUCM 7.1.2 with 79xx phones.  Eight VoIP phones in Public Safety
will each have only 2 lines on each of the 6 buttons that need to be
recorded.

We know that we can place a coupler on each phone to play the Pa state
required beep tone.  Anyone familiar with any other way to play a beep
tone - only for the lines that are going to be recorded?  If we place
the coupler on the handset the beep will play for all lines - even those
not recorded. We would like to avoid the beep for lines not being
recorded if possible.

Thanks....Lisa