[cisco-voip] OS Discs

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Fri May 21 14:18:48 EDT 2010

OS disks should ship with the application (CM) or possibly as a separate
orderable item (IPCCX on windows 2003).

For the free bundled version of IPCCX separate OS order is required:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/custcosw/ps5693/ps1846/product_promotion0900aecd8029cff2.html
*Q.* What are mandatory separate purchases?
*A.* You must also purchase the Windows Operating System and Server
platform or Appliance entitlement for Cisco Unified Contact Center
Express for those versions of Cisco Unified Communications Manager and
Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition that do not
support co-residency. For Cisco Unified Contact Center Express 8.0 and
later, you must purchase Appliance entitlement. Refer to Table 1 for
version information.
*A.* The Windows Operating System and Server platform or Appliance
entitlement for Cisco Unified Contact Center Express is mandatory when
deployed with Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express installations.

The OS has not shipped with the server for the last 5 years or so.  The
only perceived exception to this is servers that are preloaded with an
appliance version. In those instance the OS and application are all on
the same disk.

/Wes