[cisco-voip] CME and Linksys (Sippura) SPA-3000

Tim Reimers treimers at ashevillenc.gov
Mon May 24 16:32:50 EDT 2010

OK --

So tell me if this is entirely the wrong forum to ask in, but...

I want to connect a CME 4.1 to a SPA3000
so that the SPA3000 is an FXO connection to the PSTN.

I've got this much done:

"
dial-peer voice 2 voip
 description **Outgoing call to SIP trunk**
 destination-pattern .T
 voice-class codec 1
 voice-class sip dtmf-relay force rtp-nte
 session protocol sipv2
 session target ipv4:XXX.YYY.ZZZ.ZZZ:5060
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte
 no vad
!
dial-peer voice 1 voip
 description **Incoming call from SIP trunk**
 max-conn 1
 destination-pattern 3701
 voice-class codec 1
 voice-class sip dtmf-relay force rtp-nte
 session protocol sipv2
 session target sip-server
 incoming called-number .
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte
 no vad
"

I think that's all that might be needed on the CME side

I was wondering what, if any of you know, must be done on the web
interface for the Sippura 3000?

Or -- am I barking up entirely the wrong tree, and I cannot use an
SPA3000 to be a SIP trunk connecting to the PSTN.

I see lots of discussion of SIP providers like Broadvoice being
connected to the Sippura/Linksys devices, but not much discussion of
what I'm trying to do.
(which could mean I'm trying to use a 2x4 to clean windows with...)

Tim Reimers
Systems Analyst II
Information Technology Services
City of Asheville