[cisco-voip] RSPAN for call recording

Venkata Sasanka Pathi sasanka.pathi at Locuz.com
Tue Nov 2 11:34:19 EDT 2010

Hi,

Also make sure you span your CUCM and UCCX. Which will provide SCCP related messages for resolving the number to IP Address.
Warm Regards,
Venkata Sasanka.pathi(-91 950 265 2290)
Consultant | unified communications
Locuz Enterprise Solutions Ltd. (A Subsidiary of 3i-Infotech)
(office:914066115512)
 sasanka.pathi at locuz.com
www.locuz.com

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net on behalf of Buchanan, James
Sent: Tue 11/2/2010 19:19
To: rab boon; cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] RSPAN for call recording

That's the essence of it .

1.       Create a new VLAN on the switches.

2.       Put in the command under the vlan "remote-span" (or something like that).

3.       Create a monitor session like this: monitor session 1 source vlan vlanid then monitor session 1 destination remote vlan vlanid (where vlan id is the vlan id you used)

4.       Trunk the vlan to the switch that has the recorder connected.

5.       Create a monitor session like this: monitor session 1 source vlan vlanid (where vlan id is the remote span vlan ID) then monitor session 1 destination interface gi0/0 (or whatever physical interface you're using).

James Buchanan | Technology Manager, UC | South Region | Presidio Networked Solutions
12 Cadillac Dr, Suite 130, Brentwood, TN 37027 | jbuchanan at presidio.com<mailto:jbuchanan at ctiusa.com>