[cisco-voip] Blind Transfer Question

Paul Bottone paulb at uwo.ca
Wed Nov 3 13:13:36 EDT 2010

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I have found a way to perform this
task without effecting a global setting.
Cisco TAC told me how to do this and it works.

    * Create a new Voice Mail Profile in CUCM
    * On the line Voice Mail Box Mask type the extension for the mailbox
      that will be the end destination
    * Assign the new voice mail profile to the forwarded number

Now no matter who call that forwarded number the voice mail will be the
mailbox you specified.

This has some very useful applications when it come to emergency
planning that I can see.

Thanks again everyone

Paul

On 11/3/2010 12:51 PM, Pat Hayes wrote:
> Assuming that you are using Unity or Unity Connection for voicemail, I
> believe it doesn't matter how you complete the forward, the call will
> always be presented the same way. Unity and UC by default both route
> on the first redirecting-id, that is why the call will always end up
> at the first person's greeting. You can change them to route by the
> last redirecting-id but this does impact all calls sent to voicemail
> (but wouldn't be relevant to any other calls). The setting is located
> in the Advanced Settings Tool in Unity and under System Settings ->
> Advanced ->  Conversations in UC.
>

> On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 8:23 PM, Paul Bottone<paulb at uwo.ca>  wrote:
>> Does anyone know how I can configure a blind transfer between phones without
>> setting the Global Service Parameter setting to true (Enable).
>>
>> I just would like to have the call not go to the first persons voice mail
>> but to the forwarded persons voice mail.
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Paul

Paul Bottone;paulb at uwo.ca <mailto:paulb at uwo.ca>
Telecom Network Analyst