[cisco-voip] 6500 802.1x and VOICE VLAN on same port

george.hendrix at l-3com.com george.hendrix at l-3com.com
Wed Oct 20 09:16:18 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

  I am looking at swapping out some old 6500 Supervisor 1 engines
running CatOS with some Supervisor 2 engines running IOS (12.2 SXD
train).  After starting the configuration, I quickly noticed that I
cannot configure both 802.1x and voice vlan on the same interface.  But
this seemed to work just fine with dot1x and aux VLAN in CatOS on the
Sup1.  Does anyone know if there are plans to make this work on the Sup
2 IOS?  I believe it is supported with Supervisor 720s running IOS
12.2(33)SXH or higher.

This is the link where I read "The 802.1X protocol is not supported on
ports configured with voice VLAN."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SXF/na
tive/configuration/guide/dot1x.html#wp1044550

Thanks,

Bill