[cisco-voip] Trying to understand partitions, calling and called transformations

Dan Letkeman danletkeman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 19:22:01 EDT 2010

Hello,

I'm new to CUCM and I'm trying to understand how to configure calling
and called transformations with partitions and device pools.

I currently have a cluster at the head office, with a PRI and some
test phones connect.  I have three remote offices that will also
connect over fiber to the head office CUCM cluster, and will only fail
over to SRST via there local router when the wan is down.

I need to  create some kind of group for each of the remote offices as
well as the main office, so when they are calling in and out of the
PRI they have there own number assigned to there group of phones.
Just like they have it down with there individual PBX's.

I have it working so far that I can call out of the PRI.  So I have a
small understanding of the route pattern's, route groups and route
Lists.  I'm just not sure how I can apply a calling transformation
mask to each of the locations, all while allowing them to call each
other, and call in and out of the PRI.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan.