[cisco-voip] Trying to understand partitions, calling and called transformations

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 09:52:19 EDT 2010

 Dan--

Think of Partitions as cups.  inside the cups you put phone lines and Route
patterns etc.  Think of Calling search spaces as the buckets that have all
the cups in them.

If you have all your partitions in a single Calling Search Space and you
have access to use that CSS you will be able to call anything in the bucket.
 Meaning any cup (partition) with anything in them.

Now take it a step further.  You Don't want them to call a specific phone
line.  you would put it in a partition that is not in the bucket (CSS).
 Then if you have the CSS without the partition, you can no longer call it.
 The same is true of route patterns, translation patterns, etc.

Hope that helps.