[cisco-voip] Call Trace

Lisa Notarianni notariannil1 at scranton.edu
Thu Oct 28 12:29:50 EDT 2010

CUCM Version 7.1.2.20000-2.......

Our main number is still a Centrex line but there is a Call Handler that
answers and you are then routed through a menu to either informational
sub menus or departments that are now VoIP lines.

Pressing zero will give you the option to connect to the main
Information Center operator.  That line is now VoIP.

We used to have procedures in place for Call Trace on the operator's
line when it was Centrex so if there was a bomb threat or something they
could hang up, dial the Call trace number and Verizon would tag the call
until the police department could extract the data from Verizon's data
center.

How can we handle this on VoIP?  Caller ID and our call records will
provide the data, but is there a difference in our Call Records from
CUCM and us providing them vs. Verizon's call records and them releasing
them to the police dept?  Is it still considered an official record if
we provide the data from CUCM?

Does anyone have experience with providing official call records if
pressing charges for threatening calls?