[cisco-voip] Calling Number - Gen2 Vs Gen3 phones

Justin Steinberg jsteinberg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 14:21:56 EDT 2010

you are using calling transformations the exact opposite way from how they
are supposed to be used (atleast according to the SRNDs)

usually, you prefix 9 (or +1) with a service parameter or gateway parameter
(incoming calling party number prefix).   This would effectively change the
number to have the 9 prefixed in front.  Then, you could use calling party
transformations to remove the 9.   This is so that users who are used to
seeing caller id in the format xxx-xxx-xxxx continue to see that.   While
the calling party transformation changes what is displayed on teh LCD when
the call is ringing in, it does not apply the change to the directories.

As for the 40/60s, i think they are just older phones that do not operate
the same as the newer gen phones and that is why you are seeing different
functionality on them.