[cisco-voip] Upgrade from CUCM 7.1.2 to CUCM 7.1.(5b)

Karen Cheng kaz.cheng at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 02:33:17 EDT 2010

Hey guys,

Just wondering whether anyone has run into an issue where upgrading to CUCM
7.1.(5b) results in missing random data?

I upgraded both my lab and production servers and upon upgrade have lost SIP
trunks, CTI Route Points, Device Pools and some phone settings such as
headset hookswitch settings. As I had completed a backup beforehand I tried
to restore it but those missing data bits did not get restored. I rolled
back to 7.1.2 and all those settings are now there again.

The only thing I can think of is that I had installed the 7.1.5b in a staged
install to the inactive partition over a 3 week period as I have 5 servers
in the cluster. My understanding is that data on the active partition will
automatically get migrated over to the inactive when the upgrade is
performed.

This may be incorrect and if so is there a way to perform the upgrade and
then sync the missing information?

Karen