[cisco-voip] FXO and Caller ID

John.VanLaecke at ghd.com John.VanLaecke at ghd.com
Mon Sep 13 19:46:45 EDT 2010

Hello,

I normally configure these as MGCP or SCCP to the call manager and caller
ID works a treat,

Regards,

John Van Laecke
Network Administrator

GHD   Accomplish More Together
T: 61 7 3316 4456 | M:0427 015 232 | V: 414456 | E: John.vanlaecke at ghd.com
Level 2, 201 Charlotte Street QLD AUSTRALIA | www.ghd.com.au
Water | Energy & Resources | Environment | Property & Buildings |
Transportation

From:
"Ahmed Elnagar" <ahmed_elnagar at rayacorp.com>
To:
"Joel Perez" <tman701 at gmail.com>
Cc:
cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Date:
14/09/2010 07:15 AM
Re: [cisco-voip] FXO and Caller ID
Sent by:
cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net

Try to use analog phone with Caller ID feature you are sure it is working
and check this line?maybe they are sending the caller ID in a format that
the router don?t understand and hence you received the ?Caller ID receive
failed?
The call will never make it to CUCM unless caller ID is received and there
is a command to enable a ring timer after which the router stops trying to
receive the Caller ID and send the call to it destination without a caller
ID ?I cannot remember the command right now but if you checked help under
voice port you will find it?.

 Best Regards;
  Ahmed Elnagar
  Senior Network PS Engineer