[cisco-voip] SIP Trunk question

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 19:36:14 EDT 2010

95% of the time these are dial peer misconfigurations.  Run 'debug voip
dialpeer' in your two situations with no other calls on the router, and see
if there is a difference.  If you hit dial peer 0, you need to read about
incoming dial peers and fix the problem. Another 3% are just a interop issue
and you need to reconfigure the DTMF method from end-to-end, or somewhere in
the middle.

In very rare situations timing issues prevent DTMF from happening.  Changing
H.323 to slow-start to fast-start or vice versa will sometimes fix that, or
using an MTP on CUCM.

-nick