[cisco-voip] FAX in ATA 186 with CUCM

Abebe Amare abucho at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 05:26:57 EDT 2011

Yes I think the ATA is not suited for fax. I have been tasked to use an
ATA186I1-A to connect to an HP MFP 1522nf integrated fax,copy, print and
scan machine. The voice gateway is connected to a GSM carrier via ISDN PRI
E1. Sending fax works intermittently but receiving does not work at all. I
have changed the firmware from SCCP to H323 and with that I can send fax
consistently but still I am unable to receive.

So if possible, stay clear of the ATA for fax.

HTH

Abebe