[cisco-voip] strange auto attendant issue

sam singapore sam4sg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 12:16:55 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have a bit of a strange issue:

When I dial the auto-attendant number form phones internally,

welcome to automated attendant
to enter phone of person trying to reach press 1
1
enter the phone number and then press the # key
XXX#
calling XXX ...
rings the extension, and call works fine.

But when I dial the DID Number (which again gets to this auto attendant)

welcome to automated attendant
to enter phone of person trying to reach press 1
1
enter the phone number and then press the # key
XXX#
calling XXX ...
the XXX does not get any ring, and the line just gets disconnected.

So this is 1/2 working, 1/2 not working .. Where do I start looking to solve
it ? What could be the issue.

Thanks.