[cisco-voip] Better way than CTI Route Point for a voicemail only in CallManager 8x

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 13:56:10 EDT 2011

We use hunt pilots for these 'info boxes', if i'm reading this correctly,
and just point them to the hunt list for unity. Have to set up call routing
in voicemail though to key off the dialed number. Not sure if that's any
better in your case though, I just like it better than a dumby CTI RP or
empty device.

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 9:12 PM, Jason Aarons (AM) <
jason.aarons at us.didata.com> wrote:

> I have some Unity Connection 8.5  “informational mailboxes” that will be
> used with UCCE.   Just a recording the queue is busy and leave a message.
>

> It seems like for users that don’t have phones, just a voice mailbox, there
> should be a Device > Voicemail , rather than cheating around the DLU issues
> (back in that day I would make a phone that just has the phone number as the
> mac address and sent direct to vm but that trick now uses costly DLUs) It
> seams I’m back to  creating a CTI Route Points for these mailboxes, which
> work,s but just seems odd when you explain it to a customer.
>

> It’s like telling someone to use bungee cords to shut your car trunk, it
> works - but kind of odd. Eventually you think the car manufacturer would
> have a model with a latch for the trunk, but 5 years later all the new
> models don’t have the latch and your explaining the bungee cord  can come in
> colors </rant>
>

> Should I bother with having the customer submit a CallManager feature
> request for this?  Seems my call forwarding from secondary lines request in
> 2001 didn’t make it too far  <grin>…

> [image: DDIPT] <http://dimensiondata.stream57.com/04141pm/>
>
> * Disclaimer: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain
> confidential and privileged information and is for use by the designated
> addressee(s) named above only. If you are not the intended addressee, you
> are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and
> that any use or reproduction of this email or its contents is strictly
> error, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and deleting
> it from your computer. Thank you. *

Ed Leatherman