[cisco-voip] CM 4.2 upgrade to 8.0

Mike King me at mpking.com
Fri Apr 22 08:43:07 EDT 2011

Hi Robert,

We had a co-resident IPCC on our PUB.  Your going to need a separate server
for that.

You might need to check to see if you need a CER (Cisco Emergency
Responder).  Several states in the US have passed laws (Massachusetts, where
I'm primarily located, for one has) that require E911 on buildings over
10,000 square feet, or encompassing more than one building, or having more
than two floors.  Existing installations are grandfathered, Some upgrades
are not.
http://www.ma911.org/Files/Doc/Legislation/MA%20MLTS%20Regulations%20July%202009.pdf

This is new as of July 2009

If you get a CER you'll need a separate server for that.

Your 7825i3's are going end of support in 3 years
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/end_of_life_notice_c51-519563.html

(If i read that right, I don't think you can get smartnet on them right now,
IF you didn't already have it)

You might want to get new servers for that.....
We just went thru this exercise with our H3 servers  (3 years is a long
time, but if your company is like mine, you have to start sounding the
warning bell now, so they can budget for it)

Have you looked at UC on UCS  (Running on Cisco Blade system)  You could
ideally only have to purchase two blades to run your entire cluster.

BTW, you didn't mention Voicemail... What are you running for voicemail?

Mike