[cisco-voip] easy Unity Connection migration?

John P Callahan jcallaha at willamette.edu
Fri Apr 29 17:40:24 EDT 2011

Is there an "easy" way to move from Unity Connection 7.1.(x) to 8.5(x)?

I have CUC 7.1(3) on an MCS 7825 and have 8.5(1) running as cluster of
VMs on a pair of UCS C210 servers.

If I read the documentation right - I have to install 7.1 on UCS, which
isn't really supported, upgrade it to the exact same version
(7.1.3.32900-4 in this case), then backup the old system and restore it
to the VM, and then upgrade the VM?

Is there a shortcut, maybe with CUPI and CUMI?

My 7.1.3.32900-4 started at UC 2.1.x and has always been a little flakey
as it gets upgraded from version to version - so I was looking forward
to new hardware starting with a clean install and just loading in
messages and greetings...

Thanks!

John

--