[cisco-voip] Arc blind transfer audio cut through delay

Boon ciscovoipuser at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 11:50:28 EDT 2011

We have an ongoing issue with transfer delays and Arc Enterprise Premium
integrated with CUCM 7.1.5.

We are using the consultative transfers feature via a Service Queue CTI Port
when making blind transfers from the Arc Operator Console. When we complete
these transfers the connected parties experience a 5-7 second delay after
connection before either party can hear one another.

This is affecting transfers to both internal and external destinations. We
have a TAC case raised but they are slow in their response and we're
experiencing increasing heat from the customer.

In the past when this has worked we've heard two faint clicks in quick
succession before the voice path cut through is established. Now while we're
currently experiencing the delay we hear the same two faint clicks but the
delay between them is 5 seconds or so. Could this be transcoder related as
Arc doesnt support G729 which is being used for external and internal calls?