[cisco-voip] Unable to access local CD on UCCX 7.0(1) box remotely (via RDP or VNC)

Koziol, Lukasz lkoziol at rcsvc.com
Tue Aug 16 14:30:33 EDT 2011

Hi all;

First time posting, but I just ran into a snag I can't resolve via google searches alone....

I am set to upgrade a UCCX 7.0(1) server to UCCX 7.0(2) and am doing the prep work. I am remote, but someone locally inserted the 7.0(2) upgrade DVD into the physical CD drive on the server. I am unable to access the drive and its contents.

I tried using RDP and VNC and both show nothing in the drive. I always receive the "Please insert a disk into drive E:" error.

I checked to make sure no one else was logged into the server.
Disconnected from the RDP session, logged in via VNC and verified I was the only one.
Checked and ensured the local security policy for "Restrict CD-ROM access to locally logged-on user only" is set to disable.

Any other ideas???

Lukasz Koziol
   Voice/Network Engineer