[cisco-voip] IP Based Fax Servers

Mike King me at mpking.com
Fri Dec 2 11:55:28 EST 2011

I'm looking to escape the support nightmare of Fax machines.  We currently
have over 100 fax machines in our enterprise, mostly connected to VG224's,
some on ATA's (ugh).  At least once a week I spend a few hours
troubleshooting a faxing issue.  (All my sites use PRI's on H323 gateways
or MGCP gateways)

Based on Paper, Toner, Drums, Smartnet, and my time savings, I've got a
real sweet story on introducing a fax server.  (It'll most likely be a
Biscom FAXCom server because it supports direct tie in to our Enterprise
application)

They support (require?) T.38.   Should T.38 be the silver bullet and this
should "Just Work" or am I trading one headache for another?  (Protocol
wise, The actual fax software I can't control, and I imagine they all use
T.38 anyways)

Mike