[cisco-voip] Redirecting Diversion Header Delivery - Outbound SIP trunk call forward

Bill Riley bill at hitechconnection.net
Fri Feb 4 11:05:45 EST 2011

I have a SIP trunk from Quest. They require the outbound caller-ID to be a
10-digit number assigned to that SIP trunk. When a user places an outbound
call I have the external phone number mask set to their 10 digit DID. When
the user sets their phone to CFA to a cell phone the call fails. We set the
Calling party selection to first redirected number and check Redirecting
Diversion Header Deliver on the CUCM SIP trunk. Now the gateway sees the
four digit extension of the original caller.  I would like to send the
original caller 10-digit number as the caller-id but if I can't do that how
can I send the IP phones 10 digit number as the caller-id so the call
completes correctly.