[cisco-voip] Cisco UC 7.x products on AMD Powered ESXi Server

mklukas at gmail.com mklukas at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 14:20:08 EST 2011

Thanks for the Feedback Guys,

I did a little more research, and it seems Cisco disabled (whether on
purpose or by accident) the ability to install CUCM/Connection 7.0 on an AMD
powered VM Server, however in 7.1.2 it is supposed to work fine again.

See:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/cisco/nsp/100250
and
http://worldofunifiedcommunications-uc.blogspot.com/2009/07/cucm-712-amd.html

I will likely evaluate the cost of a HP/IBM ESXi supported server over a
whitebox before I make a final decision but I've worked with a couple
white-box machines in the past so I'm aware of some of the
gotchas/challenges and am fairly comfortable going that route.

Regards
Matt Klukas