[cisco-voip] Cisco UC 7.x products on AMD Powered ESXi Server

Daniel dan.voip at danofive.id.au
Thu Feb 10 17:56:38 EST 2011

I'm running our lab environment on AMD CPU's have had a couple of issues,

   - back on older code I had to move the servers to an intel box upgrade
   them then move them back to AMD which then works fine. The install and the
   upgrade would not work on the AMD CPU.
   - On later 7 and now 8 code they work ok for install and upgrade
   - On versions 5-8 the IP Voice Media Stream service does not start.
   Search google for the fix you have to live boot into the OS and add an
   athlon folder to /lib/modules/cm-ipvms

Other than these minor issues it works perfectly fine.