[cisco-voip] Unity Exchange 2010 integration TUI not working.

Pat Hayes pat-cv at wcyv.com
Mon Feb 21 14:53:56 EST 2011

The typical root cause for dead-air/delay after signing in over the phone is
a MAPI delay. Unity makes a bunch of requests to Exchange right after you
enter your PIN, delays in getting a response to one or more of those
requests are experienced as dear air because Unity can't move on until it
receives those responses. If you stay on the line long enough, it should
eventually proceed. The reason for these delays is usually an Exchange
problem or performance issue limited to a particular server/cluster. The
fact that this problem is limited to users on your new cluster supports
that.

Check your event log for CiscoUnity_AvWm warning messages that indicate a
MAPI function call exceeding the system threshold of 5000 ms. If you are
seeing those, that is almost certainly what is going on. Try running the
Exchange Best Practices Analyzer (ExBPA) on your new Exchange 2010 server(s)
to see if it turns up any problems/performance issues. Also ensure that the
network between Exchange and Unity is up to snuff and nothing is being ACL'd
or firewalled (either over the network or with on box firewall/security
apps).