[cisco-voip] CallManager 7x to 8.5(1) and Attendant Console

Riley, Sean SRiley at rbh.com
Mon Feb 28 12:50:55 EST 2011

Here is a list of things I would like to see fixed/enhanced with the
Attendant Console.  We are running v 8.0.3.

BLF status improvements - It takes several seconds for the status to
display after searching the Internal Directory.  Other times there is no
status displayed for certain phones.  It is inconsistent as to when
there is no status available.

Cannot double click to answer a queued call while on an active call.
You have to hold, park or transfer the active call before you can answer
the queued call.  In the old AC and on currently on our Cisco phones, if
you are on an active call and a second call comes in, you can answer it
and put the active caller on hold automatically.  Seems like this
feature should be made available in the Attendant Console to speed up
answering queue calls more efficiently.

Ability to not have the directory reset after transferring a call.  Our
receptionist likes to transfer a call and see the status change to on
the phone so they know the transferred call was answered.  Currently
after transferring a call the directory resets to A - Z.

No caller ID in the queue.  When calls are in queue or active in the AC,
it only shows the phone # and not the caller ID info sent from the
telco.  When the receptionists answers the call you can see the caller
ID information on the cisco phone.  This is the case for internal caller
ID as well.

Dual Monitor Support - Currently if you move the AC to a second monitor,
it will not open on that monitor after closing the program.

CUPS support - The current integration with CUPS is lacking in my view.
Would be nice to have a CUPC like presence display in the AC showing if
someone is on the phone.  Currently is only shows if they are busy,
available, etc.

If are workarounds or resolutions to any of these in our current version
or in 8.5 please let me know.

Sean Riley
Systems Administrator

Robinson Bradshaw & Hinson