[cisco-voip] UCCE: running 2 version on the same domain and instance

Omar Abulaban oabulaban at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 06:46:15 EST 2011

Hi,

We have a UCCE 7.2 installation, which needs to be upgraded. The solution is
fully duplexed, so during the upgrade we'll start with a single side while
leaving the other side taking calls as is.
As this is an upgrade, we'll be using the EDMT tool to migrate the icm data.
The instance name and all domain information shall remain the same.

Here is what I need to achieve:
- Leave side A working on version 7.2 accepting calls
- do a technology refresh for side B, installing version 8. will put new IPs
and hostnames for those server. However, they will connect to same exact
instance on the domain controller.
- start up side B with version 8 and test it (side A is still running).
- after finishing the testing, switch to side B as the live environment.

note that CVP is the IVR used in the installation, and we'll leave 1 cvp on
version 4 on the side A system, and install a new cvp 8 for the side B
system.

Is this possible? Or will I face any issues, especially with the domain
controller and instance?

Regards,
Omar Abulaban