[cisco-voip] CUBE SIP to H323 query

Cisco Voip cisco_newbie at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 17 01:54:18 EST 2011

Hi all experts.

My scenario is simple. I will be using CUCM v8 and connecting it to 2821
(running CME or higher) over H.323. SIP trunk will be terminated on this 2821
router via local ITSP.

After researching alot on cisco, kindly guide me that do i need DSP resources
for translating between SIP and H.323 ? My findings were. If i want to support
supplementary services then yes i need DSP. For basic calls, i dont need them.

I am a bit newbie to cisco voip, pls guide me

Note: I know already that instead of H.323 i can use SIP which is more prefered.
But still to clear my concept, guide me with respect to H.323 trunk between cucm
and cube.