[cisco-voip] CSS and Partition question

Syed Khalid Ali syed.khalid.khursheed at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 06:45:38 EST 2011

Group:

I am trying to clear my concept about CSS and Partition.

I have created the following partitions and css:

1- PT_Office
2- PT_Mobile
3- CSS_Office
4- CSS_Mobile

CSS_Mobile only contains PT_Mobile and same goes for the CSS_Office.
CSS_Mobile is assigned to Phone-1 (Ext: 1000) and CSS_Office assigned
to Phone-2 (Ext: 1001). Now my understanding was that Phone-1 and 2
should not be able to communicate with each other. However, they can
call each other!!!!

Also:
1- What is the difference between the Line-Based and Device-Based
assignment for CSS.Partitions?
2- There is no Device-Based Partition Assignment?

Experts: Can you please explain.