[cisco-voip] MWI behavior in Unity Connection 7

Pat Hayes pat-cv at wcyv.com
Wed Jan 19 16:19:18 EST 2011

The Subscriber Message Activity Report that you ran should have exactly the
sort of information that you are looking for. The trouble is, those reports
are not fully functional in 7.x as you can see with all of the columns that
are populated with "N/A". There is a defect for this, CSCsr45007. There is a
fix for it in 8.x, it is not available in 7.x due to the extensive rework of
the report.

That said, outside of a defect, the most common reason I have seen for a
single user's MWI being out of sync is if their extension is listed as
alternate MWI device for another mailbox (usually a group mailbox or
similar). If you have that configured, it will always lead to erratic MWI
behavior. A good option is to use dispatch messaging.

-Pat