[cisco-voip] CM Security password

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 19:45:32 EST 2011

Hello,

When doing a restore from backup, does the cluster security password
get set from the backup files, or must it be set to match when you
initially install CM on the hardware?

The reason I ask is, we were going to replace publisher hardware this
morning, but when we go to the step in the CM install (7.1.5) where
you enter the cluster security password and used our current security
password, it came back and said it was based on a dictionary word.
Now.. i'm guessing CM is checking against the Klingon dictionary at
this point, since the password is gibberish, and mostly special
characters. The current cluster password was set when we first
installed CM 5.

Regardless.. if I install using some other password it accepts, and
then restore the publisher from normal per the procedure - will the
backup files restore the correct cluster security password, or am I
stuck at this point with going around and changing the current
password? Anyone else ever run into this?

--
Ed Leatherman