[cisco-voip] Unity Connection 8.5 and G.722

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Thu Jan 27 16:39:13 EST 2011

Does Connection 8.5 have some software cpu transcoding g722 to g711 (recording) or is Unity Connection expecting a external transcoding hardware (IOS) resource? I always complained Unity 4/5x, UCCX was hardcoded to 1 codec at setup.  I'm a fan of codecs that can adjust like RTP-A, Skype, and usually sound great regardless of link.

I normally use G711 for recording on Unity Unified 8x (with Exchange), some people can detect the G729 quality and complain. Bandwidth is gigabit or greater.

So next I need to find the Unity Connection 8.5 disk space usage/recording time based on MCS model. Wonder which doc that is in....