[cisco-voip] how to add 9 for redial

Joel Perez tman701 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 23:24:28 EST 2011

Hi Bill,

Unfortunately that is one "feature" that isnt handled in an elegant/easy
fashion at all on CUCM. At least nothing that I have seen in my search for
similar solutions.

There are 3 easy ways of trying to handle that issue that have worked for me
in the past, even though it has been a while since ive done it. Most
customers just accept it.
1) If its an MGCP gateway then you can handle it using the "Service
Paramaters -->CallManager Service" section and set the prefix to 9,
91...etc. (you'rs isnt an MGCP GW)

2) If its an h323 GW then you can try a translation rule to prefix what you
need. Example:

*voice translation-rule 1*

*rule 1 /^/ /9/*

*voice translation-profile InboundVoice*

*translate calling 1*

*
*

*3) You can also try going to translation patterns and adding the prefix on
your inbound translation patterns under "Calling Party Transformations" you
add the "9" prefix.*

*
*

*The one caveat to the above is that callers will see all their inbound
calls prefixed with a "9" on their display. I suggest #3 as a quick and easy
way of doing it and testing it on one translation pattern using a DID not
used or your own DID pointed at your DN.*

*I havent done this in a while so results may vary. Im just going by memory
here.*

Hope that helps, and hopefully someone can chime in if they have found an
easier way or better way of doing it.

Joel P.