[cisco-voip] VOIP deployment

Just Kennie justkennie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 04:48:20 EST 2011

Hi guys,
I am in need of swift help, I am a cisco network freak, and found my self
handling voice in my new company. I have been doing lots of reading on
voice, but I now I have a major huddle to scale. I will explain the design
in details and concisely.

   PSTN(12345) - - - - - -(voice-port 0/0/0) CE1 - - - -  PE1- - - - - - - -
PE2 - - - - -CE2(voice-port 0/0/0)- - - -PHONE(1000)

That is the design above, Layer 2 and Layer 3 are fine.
The requirement is, when external call called 12345, the call should be
routed and picked at extension 1000 (PHONE)
I have built my config (below), please help me look at it, as I don't have
the full equipment to test across.

CE1
voice-port 0/0/0
 connection plar 1000
 description connected to 12345

dial-peer voice 1 pots
destination-pattern 12345
 direct-inward-dial
 port 0/0/0

dial-peer voice 2 voip
destination-pattern 1000
 session target ipv4:20.0.0.2   (CE2)

CE2.........................

voice-port 0/0/0
 description connected to 1000

dial-peer voice 1 pots
 destination-pattern 1000
 port 0/0/0

dial-peer voice 2  voip
 destination-pattern 12345
 session target ipv4:10.0.0.2  (CE1)

Please help out in details, I will understand. Thanks!

*Cheers,
Idowu Kehinde
TEL: 2348024017748
BB:  30E8E5F9