[cisco-voip] New PRI and GW Registration

Jeff Ruttman ruttmanj at carewisc.org
Tue Jul 5 09:30:38 EDT 2011

Greetings,

We have a new PRI circuit for which we have a "ready for test and turn
up" notice.  We've NOT yet done that with the telco.

I've done the CCM config which I believe to be correct.  I assume the
router and CM are talking OK as the router's loopback IP address is now
on the GW, and all I entered in the config is the hostname and domain,
so it must be talking to the router, no?

I've reset the GW in CM, and I did a "no mgcp" and them "mgcp" on the
router.

Would you expect that GW to register?  Or will we have to do the test
and turn up before the GW can register?  Sorry if my ignorance is
showing.

If it could/should register prior to the test and turn up then I need to
work on my config.  If not, then I'm good for now and am ready to get
with the telco.

Thanks

jeff

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this email including attachments is intended for the specific delivery to and use by the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and includes information which should be considered as private and confidential. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please reply to the sender immediately and delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer system. Thank you.