[cisco-voip] Strange Unity Connection 8.5.1ES16.11900- 16 DB error - EvtDblsDbeventConnectError

Gregory Wenzel gwenzit at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 08:47:53 EDT 2011

Hello everyone,

I have a strange issue with a Unity Connection HA cluster I just build for a
client .
Cisco Unity Connection version: 8.5.1ES16.11900-16

On Cisco MCS7845i4 servers.

Yesterday I had the error message when I tried to access Reporting in Unity
Serviceability, stated sub could not be reached, I also could not get to the
web admin page stated "pools exhausted" message thats not the whole message
but you get the point.

Last night I ran the *utils dbreplication forcedatasyncsub command.* This
destroyed the sub database and forces it to take the backup from the pub cuc
server. After the reboot and waited about an hour, the error messages went
away on the cuc admin page, i could access reports.

My customer says these messages are still coming into Syslog.

Jul 19 07:53:27 192.168.42.8 32526: : : 606: pr1unitypub1.client.org: Jul 19
2011 11:53:27 AM.254 UTC :  %UC_UCEVNT-3-EvtDblsDbeventConnectError:
%[AppID=CuCsMgr][ClusterID=][NodeID=pr1unitypub1]: Database synchronization
thread in component Miu (pid=18712) was unable to connect to the database
notification publisher.  Error 0x80fe006e. 0x80FE006E

When I look into the pub and run a Utils dbreplications status command I get

admin:file view activelog
cm/trace/dbl/sdi/ReplicationStatus.2011_07_19_08_41_40.out

SERVER                 ID STATE    STATUS     QUEUE  CONNECTION CHANGED
g_aa1unitysub1_ccm8_5_1_11900_21    3 Active   Connected       0 Jul 18
23:04:05
g_pr1unitypub1_ccm8_5_1_11900_21    2 Active   Local
0

end of the file reached

I run this on the Publisher CUC Server.

I do have to say one other thing, The client states there are no dropped
packets between these two servers when they look on their firewalls.

Ping time between each server from each server to eachother is 24ms avg.

The network is as follows.

CUCPub=====6509====ASA-------<100MB VPN>------ASA======6509====CUC8Sub

And they upgraded their IPS ASA from v8.0.5 to V8.4.1 three weeks ago on the
CUCsub side and last week on the CUCpub side.

Im about to get on a TAC call but thought some of you experts may have some
input. My FW coworker strongly thinks its a fw issue, and I agree, I just
need to get the unity TAC engineer stuff out of the way before I run down
that hill...

Thanks in Advance

--
Greg Wenzel, CCVP