[cisco-voip] Unity Transferring to an external number

O'Brien, Neil nobrien at datapac.com
Fri Jun 17 04:34:29 EDT 2011

Hi,

I won't go into the whys but I have Unity Connection 8.5 and I need a
call handler (an option 2 off an auto attendant) to transfer the call to
an external number if option 2 is selected.  I continue to get "Sorry,
this number did not answer"

I've tried a few things that haven't worked:

*	Under Caller Input of the main call handler, configure option 2
to transfer to an alternate extension which I put in the external number
*	Configure another call handler and configure the transfer rules
settings here to go to the external number and set option 2 to go to
this call handler.

I didn't expect the above to work because the voicemail ports do not
have a CSS that allows them to call external numbers.  So I confgured a
translation pattern with a DN in the CSS that the voicemail ports are
able to reach and translated it to the external number but it still
doesn't work.  Thinking that the Call handler monitors it in some way
(even though i've set it to release to switch) I set up a CTI Route
Point with CFA to the external number and still the same problem.

The CSS of the TP is allowed call the number and if  I dial the TP
independent of the CH it works fine.

I've already posted over at the Cisco Support Forum as well but not much
joy there either.

I'd appreciate some pointers if you can think of anything??

Thanks,

Neil