[cisco-voip] Phones Not Getting Auth, Idle, Services URLS, etc

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Wed Jun 29 16:54:42 EDT 2011

There is a common issue going on right now where server rebuilds, name
changes, ip changes, and rehoming phones to new clusters can cause this
behavior.  Have you do any of those? Alternatively, are you seeing an
authorization or authentication failures in the phone console logs (they
are visible by browsing to phone or from phone UI)?

See:
CSCto51228    SBD: OS CLI does not give enough warning about ITL
certificate regen
CSCto51300    SBD: OS Web GUI does not give enough warning about ITL
certificate regen

As another alternative, if you delete the CTL and ITL phone from the
phone (it will have at least an ITL with 8.x) then does it properly
receive configuration changes? If so, then your phones and server are
now out of sync for security.  The recovery is to manually delete all
CTL,ITL files.

Regards,
Wes