[cisco-voip] BIOS upgrades and Call Manager????

Amanda Lalli-Cafini alalli at iinet.net.au
Wed Mar 2 05:39:48 EST 2011

Hi All,

I had a painful discussion with a man today who asked me to upgrade the BIOS
his Call Manager Business Edition version 7.1.3 running on an HP platform.

The unit is not currently covered by a smartnet contract or a Cisco software
agreement.

He has been told by another individual (who has since left the company) that
a BIOS upgrade is necessary.

I refused to do it and as far as I know,  the people are in the process of
gaining a SMARTNET contract which should cover us with TAC assistance.

If cooler heads manage to prevail,  the upgrade will happen once we have our
support agreements in place.

I was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the things I would
need to prepare for in a DRS situation.

The company is also running an IP contact server.

If I rebuild Call Manager from scratch.. I assume I would have to do the IP
contact centre integration again as well.

There is a current DRS backup.

I suppose I should be asking where the installation and patching disks are.

LOL or Cry out Loud.. Not sure which, but if anyone has any advice.. That
would be really great.

Amanda Lalli-Cafini