[cisco-voip] CUCM 8.5 Possible Bug

Daniel dan.voip at danofive.id.au
Wed Mar 9 03:10:44 EST 2011

Hi All,

Experienced some strange gatekeeper issue today after applying config on a
"Common Phone Profile". This is reproducible every time. I want to see what
people's thoughts are on this.

The scenario is that we have CUCM 8.5 > H225 Trunk (Gatekeeper Controlled) >
Gatekeeper (2821 IOS 12.4(25b)) > H225 Trunk (Gatekeeper Controlled) > CUCM
5.1.3. Both phone systems have a catch all route pattern that route calls to
the gatekeeper, but don't worry the trunks do not have access to route calls
to the gatekeeper, no loops.

On CUCM 8.5.1.11900-21

I click "Apply Config" on a common phone profile, the phones reset I then
can not call across the gatekeeper, I get the following reject reason.

Mar  9 07:38:55.967: RAS OUTGOING PDU ::=

value RasMessage ::= admissionReject :
    {
      requestSeqNum 26123
      rejectReason calledPartyNotRegistered : NULL
      nonStandardData
      {
        nonStandardIdentifier h221NonStandard :
        {
          t35CountryCode 181
          t35Extension 0
          manufacturerCode 18
        }
        data '80400160'H
      }
    }
If I then just reset the gatekeeper or the trunk from CUCM 8.5 I get the
following registration reject

value RasMessage ::= registrationReject :
    {
      requestSeqNum 31
      protocolIdentifier { 0 0 8 2250 0 4 }
      rejectReason duplicateAlias :
      {
      }
      gatekeeperIdentifier {"CM8LAB"}
    }

I have to then restart the call manager service then reset the gatekeeper or
trunk from CUCM 8.5 to get calls working again.

value RasMessage ::= registrationConfirm :
    {
      requestSeqNum 4
      protocolIdentifier { 0 0 8 2250 0 4 }
      callSignalAddress
      {
      }
      terminalAlias
      {
        h323-ID : {"GK-Trunk_1"}
      }
      gatekeeperIdentifier {"CM8LAB"}
      endpointIdentifier {"44CD0D6800000007"}
      alternateGatekeeper
      {
      }
      timeToLive 60
      willRespondToIRR FALSE
      maintainConnection FALSE
    }

Does this sound like a bug to anyone? Why would applying a common phone
profile interfere with gatekeeper registration.

Does anyone have a similar setup they could test?

I can reproduce on demand so its not a once off glitch.

cheers,

Dan