[cisco-voip] Calls over trunk drop after 5:18 min

Gregory Wenzel gwenzit at gmail.com
Tue May 24 07:41:02 EDT 2011

You mean the calls over a pri? drop after a period of time. We had a very
similar problem with a cleint using v4.1. The issue was the site had not yet
come up on the dedicated circuit and was operating over a vpn tunnel. They
used checkpoint FW end to end was blocking h.245 signalling even though the
FW engineers swore it was an open tunnel. The phones registered to call
manager normally, interoffice dialing over wan worked fine. Calls from that
location out the local pri dropped a short time after making it. Also when
users dialed in to the local gw there was one way audio. As we worked with
the engineers on the checkpoint firewall the one way audio dissapeared but
they never quite got the call dropping fixed until we go the mpls up and
disconnected the vpn tunnel.

Hope that helps somewhat for you.

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 5:37 PM, Ratko Dodevski <rade239 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, does anyone ever had experienced something like this. Recently I've
> started to receive complains that calls that go over some of the trunks that
> we have with other locations fail after exactly 5 min and 18 sec. Can anyone
> try to help me how to determine the reason for the call drops.
>
> Thanks and regards
>
> --
> Ratko

Greg Wenzel, CCVP